ENERGY MUTUAL FUNDS HELP FIGHT HIGH ENERGY PRICES
Energy mutual funds are a key weapon in the fight against high gas prices. Throughout this site we have discussed ways to save money and get an edge on high gas prices. This section is about how to make money, and in the process, turn the energy situation around forever.
It is easy to get overwhelmed by the endlessly confusing universe of investment possibilities. To simplify things we will focus on energy investing.
– If you’re not sure how to start investing, this page is for you.
– Understand the financial risks, and there are a lot of them.
ALTERNATIVE ENERGY INVESTING RISKS
– Alternative energy investing has an additional risk that sets it apart from other investments.
BEFORE YOU INVEST
– A brief primer on the energy arena, and a peek into the future.
FIND THE GOOD FUNDS
– How to find the best and avoid the rest.
CONVENTIONAL ENERGY FUNDS
– Index funds, oil funds, coal funds, natural gas, nuclear power
ENERGY HEDGE FUND
– Your personal financial hedge against future gas price increases.
ALTERNATIVE ENERGY MUTUAL FUNDS
– These somewhat risky funds invest in new energy technology companies that offer alternatives to fossil fuels.
ALTERNATIVE ENERGY START-UPS
– Super high risk, high reward, maybe. This is cutting edge investing to secure a brighter energy future. One that’s forever free from price shocks and threats of shortages. But you could lose every cent you invest.
Using energy mutual funds to attack high gas prices may seem like taking an approach of ‘If you can’t beat them, join them’. And to an extent, it is just that. But, to use another cliché, it’s also fighting fire with fire.
One of the beauties of living in free, market driven societies is that we have endless means of solving problems. High gas prices are primarily a problem of tight oil supplies and high, and growing, demand.
The response from the marketplace is fourfold:
Consumers look for ways to reduce energy bills.
Oil companies hunt for more energy supplies.
Companies that make energy consuming products, like automobiles, put extra effort into increasing the energy efficiency of those products.
And entrepreneurs of all types develop products that either decrease energy demand or increase alternative energy supplies.
There are hundreds of these products. Many are just now finding their way to market. Others are looking for investment capital to bring them to life.
It adds up to a lot of great investment opportunities.
They’re often high risk, very high risk. But, given the worsening political and economic problems stemming from the global oil industry as it exists today, not investing in alternatives may be the greatest risk of all.
Leave Energy Mutual Funds and Return Home